On April 23th I bought a SanDisk ULTRA II 2GB microSD memory card in eBay to a user named fastmemoryman. 4 weeks later I was contacted by other buyer in the list telling me that he had the suspicion that we have been fooled, and that nobody in the buyer's list had received the micro card. After initial investigation I agree. This blog will serve as a central point for information and communication between affected users to share their experience and getting this situation solved

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Update

100% of the transactions are older than 20 days (89% are older than a month), so odds of new cards arriving are remote, and probably I will not update the statistics post any more.

By what I know by now, probably fastmemoryman found supply problems and could get only a part of the cards, and not until May 17. The information from the buyers shows that all the cards that arrived were shipped on May 17, in most cases 2 to 3 weeks later that what it said the false shipping notification email.

The final statistics show that 18 cards were delivered (40%).
Another 15 cards (33%) have been refunded or have an open claim. I don't know nothing about 13 cards (28%), their buyers have not answered my emails nor they have left any feedback.

Of course sometimes people doesn't leave feedback, but most times this is because people that have problems is afraid of leaving negative feedback, because they know that the seller will retaliate, and he will do more harm to us that we can do to him.

When I will leave negative feedback for fastmemoryman it will be almost unnoticed and he will keep his 98.3% score. However his negative feedback will convert my 100% score to a 97.2%. For users with only a few positives, just one negative can have a devastating effect in his rating and impede any future sale.

After I finish this post I am going to elevate my Paypal dispute to a claim. I have been waiting for that second card to arrive just in case, but I think enough is enough.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

'Fastmemoryman' is a total scammer. He inflates the shipping costs on the items and then does not refund it if he sends you a defective item (which happens a lot). I am in the same situation as you with the feedback... I do not want a negative because it would affect my % severely.

Anonymous said...

I bought a memory module from him, I received a no-name generic piece of junk instead of the brand name module I had ordered. Needless to say, the thimg didn't work.
When I sent it back, he kept a huge part of my money as a restocking fee and blamed me for not knowing what I had ordered... Good luck, guys.

About Me

30 años de experiencia en el mundo de la joyería me permiten ofrecerte los mejores diseños y calidades a precio de escándalo, y con facilidades de pago flexibles y adaptadas a tus necesidades